Monday, May 16, 2011

How I met Banky W, and WizKid

It was Monday morning and my bro told me wizkid and Banky W were coming to town to perform and he might as well be performing in that show but it wasn't a sealed deal yet.

All the while, I've been fussing over Banky W and his cute face, my God he's cute! I asked him on twitter on Tuesday if he'd love to have breakfast with me at Macdonalds on Sunday after the show, he didn't reply but I'm sure as hell he saw my tweet and stalked me a little. (Chuckles)

Came Saturday, and it was time to go for the show. I would say I was a little bit mad at my bro over something silly so I told him I wasn't gonna come see him perform nor attend the show even. I called Loveth and to make it worse, she said she wasn't going to make it!! This would be the third time in a row she's missing Erastus' performance. I was mad at her and ended the call cos I was like; what's the point of going without my girls? Rebbe already made it clear to me she wasn't gonna make it cos she thought it would be uninteresting. (weird much?) A-ny-way-s, I had to go with Maggie and her cousin, the sweetheart, she paid for my ticket cos I wasn't having cash on me. Reason? There's like this thing with the ATM's in Malaysia; at about midnight until sometime 2am, they stop working. It's probable that they get serviced during those times. I couldn't withdraw at the time of course, due to the obvious reasons in the light of the above. We arrived just in time to witness my my bro; Erastus and Debi J perform my bro's song "Ur Back". They did really good! I must say, it was better than his performance at Ms Segi College event awhile back.


Banky W, wizkid, Sexy steel came out at about 3/4pm to perform and I could've sworn Banky recognized me! He took one look at the crowd and he kind of stopped at me for something like 3seconds and then he looked away. While he was yet performing, he came down to the crowds and he - amongst others - danced with me some 2- 3 times. Yep! I was pretty much starstruck I just froze! I was too in shock to dance 'with' him and so I just stood there smiling like some silly gander! Lol. I was so happy. Came back home at about 6am and ran to Saniya's (my friend) unit hugged her. Told her everything that happened cos she knew how excited I was before going for the show. I waved goodbye to her as she was travelling that morning to her Country for some 2weeks holiday or thereabouts..

Slept for a few hours, then woke up and began tweeting and voila! Banky was (according to his tweet fans) literally raping my timeline. Tweeted once at him, he replied, did again and he replied rapidly and I'm like; okay, am I dreaming or something? Then he followed me back on twitter, that blew me away! He happened to be putting up in a hotel 5minutes away from where I live. We arranged to meet up later cos he said he had a meeting to attend at the moment. At about midnight, he sent a text saying he has been trying to call me all day but couldn't get through to me. I called back and we talked. Then he said he's at this bistro that just turned into a night club for Africans and asked if I could make it. Told him yeah, my friends and I were supposed to attend the opening thingy. Bro came to pick me up and as we was on or way there, the car just decided it was the perfect time to stop. Battery issues. Mahn! I thought of my friend Reyhaneh and said this would be a perfect time to ring Murphy's law all up in my ears. After much battle, we finally got the stupid car to work with the help of a kind stranger. On arriving there, I called him to say i was outside. He said to come inside and upstairs to the VIP lounge. He gave me a very big hug when he saw me and I could see the other girls eyes were ridden with so much envy! If eyes could rip humans apart, I should be dead by now, probably be eaten by some hungry ostriches. #jokes! He then took me to his seat and introduced me to Wizkid and wizzy was like; I'm wizzy. and I was like; I KNOW!!!!! Looool.

We talked for a while and took pictures until it was time for them to go, hugged him, whispered thank you in his ears and off he went.

It wasn't exactly how I planned to hang out with Banky W but I was very pleased I even got the chance. Most girls would do the insane to have this opportunity and looking from another bright side; My first tweet-meet was with a celebrity. Beat that!! If I were to do anything differently, I wouldn't have met him at the bistro. I'd rather drive him around my city Damansara and Kuala Lumpur, take him to the movies, for ice-cream, cakes, just treat the man to some tender-loving-and-care and some good fuuuuuun too. Maybe dinner afterwards?


~ ketybrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment